Family Wellbeing Coordinators
We have a team dedicated entirely to supporting families in whatever way they need!
Mathilde Sharrocks and AnnMarie Pickering are our Family Wellbeing Coordinators.
They are here to help parents, carers and families with all aspects of life - they might not have all the answers, but they will be able to found out who does in order to support you.
What does our role involve?
- We will be representing school during some meetings and reviews
- We aim to establish and foster good relationships with parents/carers of children at the school and encourage good home/school communication, by providing support, advice and guidance when requested
- We will be working with families to develop services that school can offer
- We will liaise with families to identify what is important to them and what we can do to help
- We will be coordinating parent workshops, sibling groups and social events
Please, feel free to contact us with your ideas and suggestions
Call us on: 01254 588600
Message from Mathilde
Hi, I’m Mathilde (many of you probably know me already as I have worked here for many years!) and I am excited to start working in my new role as a Family Wellbeing Coordinator for Newfield School.I have worked in SEN Education for over twenty years but also for the Social Services and with the NHS, translating and assisting for schemes aimed at helping refugees and asylum seekers. I have also taught French for many years, to pupils and students with a broad range of complex needs, often with impressive results.
I am truly looking forward to engaging with Parents and Students at Newfield as part of my new role, serving a cause very close to my heart!
Keep in touch!
Message from Ann Marie
Hi, I am Ann Marie Pickering I have worked with families of children with disabilities for many years within the Children’s Disability Service in Social Care. I have been responsible for developing the Disability Links Information Service, the Disabled Facilities Grant and also held a caseload as a Child Support Officer. I am thrilled to be working alongside Mathilde in the new role as Family Wellbeing Coordinator.
Whilst I will be predominantly based in the school for Autism and Mathilde over in SEND School, we will collaborating on lots of projects together.
I am so excited about getting to know more children and families and passionate about developing services offered by our school.