Family Wellbeing Coordinators
We have a team dedicated entirely to supporting families in whatever way they need!
Mathilde Sharrocks and AnnMarie Pickering are our Family Wellbeing Coordinators.
They are here to help parents, carers and families with all aspects of life - they might not have all the answers, but they will be able to found out who does in order to support you.
What does our role involve?
- We will be representing school during some meetings and reviews
- We aim to establish and foster good relationships with parents/carers of children at the school and encourage good home/school communication, by providing support, advice and guidance when requested
- We will be working with families to develop services that school can offer
- We will liaise with families to identify what is important to them and what we can do to help
- We will be coordinating parent workshops, sibling groups and social events
Please, feel free to contact us with your ideas and suggestions
Call us on: 01254 588600
Message from Mathilde
Hi, I’m Mathilde (I have worked here for many years) and I love my role as a Family Wellbeing Coordinator for Newfield School.I have worked in SEN Education for over twenty years but also for the Social Services and with the NHS, translating and assisting for schemes aimed at helping refugees and asylum seekers. I have also taught French for many years, to pupils and students with a broad range of complex needs, often with impressive results.
I am truly enjoy engaging with Parents and Students at Newfield as part of my role, serving a cause very close to my heart!
Keep in touch!
Message from Ann Marie
Hi, I am Ann Marie Pickering I have worked with families of children with disabilities for many years within the Children’s Disability Service in Social Care. I have been responsible for developing the Disability Links Information Service, the Disabled Facilities Grant and also held a caseload as a Child Support Officer. I am thrilled to be working alongside Mathilde in the role of Family Wellbeing Coordinator.
Mathilde and I oversee different children and collaborate on lots of projects together.
I love getting to know more children and families and am passionate about developing services offered by our school.
Parent Carer Library
We have created a small library of books for parents and carers to borrow to learn more about their child’s condition and managing and supporting this at home. Please see below and speak to AnnMarie or Mathilde if you are interested in using the serivce.